Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Is this really normal?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #88
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108999
What I Drive: Car

FF Reputation: 1 snow12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
Yeah, it's the opinion of many on here that driving conservatively (i.e. for max fuel economy) can exacerbate the DCT's malperformance. Do the 5 hard starts then continue driving really hard for a day or so; lots o' revs.
I did the acceleration runs. The shifting does seem to be a bit better but still bellow par compared to the 2013 I drive. I also notice that after the transmission "shifts" it takes a couple of seconds before it actually gets into gear and accelerates which is weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
snow12 & PratoN,

I shot you both follow-up PMs.

Cory
Checked your PM! If I was supposed to receive a call today I did not but I am guessing you sort of meant they would call when they could. Thanks Cory for at least trying but I don't want to keep wasting my time traveling to only be told my car is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendarus View Post
I had read about the DCT issues before I bought my car. I did the full throttle run once or twice a week for the first month. Never had an issue with mine.
I guess I am spoiled by my last car which was a Nissan Maxima. That car is such a sleeper!!! I rarely ever revved over 3,000 RPMs so its weird getting used to having to rev the crap out of this car to accomplish the same acceleration. Too bad Nissans new designs suck or I would have got a new one, I still have my Maxima it been the most reliable car anyone in my family has owned!!!