Level up: 72% Level up: 72% Level up: 72%
Forum Activity 36%
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizeGuyDezignz View Post
What did you have done with your badge?
The original Focus badge the car was built with wasn't attached properly and was peeling off, so within the First 1000 miles I had to go to the dealer two or three times (well technically only twice, once for them to see it and once to replace the badge when the new one came in.

While others debadge, I wanted to keep the stock appearance at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oritpro View Post
Is the DCT covered?
The long answer is maybe. The FCS reps on here claim it is, but I'm not sure if they are only referring to the internals like the gears and shafts as those are always covered, or if it also extends to the clutch which is an external transmission part, but is analagous to a torque converter which is covered, vs the manual transmission clutch disk, in terms of the driver not being able to directly actuate it and cause excess wear.

Technically it is a wear component like a manual clutch disk, as it is essentially a pair of friction disks with pressure plates between them, etc... However the driver cannot manually slip the clutch excessively, so if the programming is causing harm to it (if and only if) that would be the only way it could be damaged ahead of time.

A well shifted manual shouldn't need a clutch in 100-125k either though.