Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - One Year Later - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #36
WizeGuyDezignz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99369
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 WizeGuyDezignz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy From NY View Post
Members in the Kia Optima Forum sum it up best, it is as if my car has no "center" position on the steering wheel. It is for the most part, either left or right. For very VERY brief moments my car will drive straight, but no where near the distance it should before slowly shifting left or right.

Like I said, if someone drove my car for 5,10,15 minutes they might not notice the problem and just shake it off as road crowning or potholes/bumps. But after driving a long distance, or driving it daily, you will notice you are almost always making the SMALLEST of corrections, fractions of an inch just to keep going straight, ALL. THE. TIME. Sometimes, well a lot of the time, you can feel/see yourself zig zagging between the lane, while every other car on the road and in your same lane is still driving perfectly straight, even after hitting large bumps or potholes. My focus used to drive nicely, just like every other car, but since I got the new rack/numerous alignments...it just is very twitchy, left-right-left-right-left-right....
Sorry to hear that man, I really hope you get it fixed. I live in San Diego, and I haven't had a bad experience at the Ford dealership that I go to yet. As a matter of fact, it's been quite the opposite. The dealership has been awesome and very helpful.

After about 3 or 4 months into owning the car, the AC would rumble when it was on the higher fan settings. I took it in and they fixed it the same day without even a question.

Other than that small issue, my car has been flawless. I know that yours can be the same, so keep fighting if you have it in you!