Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - One Year Later - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #33
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101517
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerschro View Post
There is one other cause for wandering. The REAR wheels may be out of alignment and cause wandering and tracking problems. Have they been checked? If after I fix something and it Still has a problem, I assume the problem is elsewhere and determine what else affects the performance of the issue in question. What about the motor and transmission mounts? If they are defective, alignments will be off after a while due to misalignment of the trans. connections etc. (I'm guessing here, not familiar with the Focus front design). The point is, what else have they checked?
With the last alignment I received in December, the front and rear toe AND thrust angle were off. They were corrected as far as I know.

I have driven with bad motor mounts on previous vehicles and I do not have any feeling in the car that would tell me that could be a problem.

I spoke to a Regional Rep, Rebecca, today, and she was very kind and understanding. I will be scheduling another appointment in the near future to specifically have the steering rack checked that it was installed properly. She even came to the conclusion that after 4 alignments, maybe it is time to look elsewhere for an issue, and since this all started immediately after the steering rack was installed, maybe it IS the culprit.

I will be sure to keep this thread updated as I continue my quest for a resolution.