Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Front Suspension Noise - Sway bar bushings?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #7
my_beautious_ZX3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 32386
What I Drive: 2002 charcoal XZ3

Points 1,267, Level 19
Points: 1,267, Level: 19 Points: 1,267, Level: 19 Points: 1,267, Level: 19
Level Up 67% Completed
Level up: 67% Level up: 67% Level up: 67%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 5 my_beautious_ZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by my_beautious_ZX3 View Post
I would imagine that underbody corrosion on a 9-year old Focus
oops - I misread your profile along the left, I thought it said you had a 2004 Focus, but that's your join year.

Anyway, yes - those are your swaybar bushings. If you remove a front tire, the endlink is the skinny, vertical, metal rod with a small balljoint on top & bottom that's staring you in the face. Here's a link that shows a photo: http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...21%7CL2*15012# (if that link doesn't work, then type DW-K80066 in the search box there) You can grab yours and feel for excessive play, but it still could be worn even if you don't feel anything with your hands.

That link is just for FYI, I don't know how that brand is. I bought an aftermarket brand that was more feeble looking than the factory part and they started making noise pretty quickly, so keep that in mind when choosing between Ford and 3rd-party component.

Also, like I said above, if you remove the endlinks, then the swaybar is effectively deleted from the system, so your car will lean more in corners and feel different, so don't go hot-rodding it!

Last edited by my_beautious_ZX3; 02-02-2013 at 04:38 PM.