Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - How not to ask a dealer for a price
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #13
Sal Paradise
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108914
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL

Points 14, Level 1
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
Level Up 27% Completed
Level up: 27% Level up: 27% Level up: 27%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Sal Paradise Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
You are correct that the " customer" wasn't reasonable or logical but if I could offer another bit of a perspective. I like my local dealership - I mean I bought 2 brand new cars from them, so I must like them. But - they kinda put you through the mill getting a price. You have to sit down at the desk while they type War and Peace into the computer..and write it all up. I wanted some hard numbers on trading my 2012 Focus for an SE Fusion and I kept getting the whole "sit down and let us run the numbers" answer. Lets take a test drive? I don't want the test drive yet. I'm willing to bet it runs great. Then they have to introduce you to the boss before you leave. Maybe he can give youa few bucks off. It's maddening from the customer perspective, unless you just want to immediately pay the sticker price. Sometimes you want to be treated like a human being, I'm tired I'm cold, I want to go home and eat dinner - just talk to me normal and informal about the price so I can think.

So maybe your guy was just super tired and paranoid from getting this sort of treatment from other dealers and he was testing you. Jus sayin'