Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus heater
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #9
focusstu
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103157
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Focus S 5MT

Points 519, Level 10
Points: 519, Level: 10 Points: 519, Level: 10 Points: 519, Level: 10
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 focusstu Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeky View Post
Hey all, looking for some experience to be able to gauge a possible issue.

Maybe it is my imagination, but my 2012 Focus heater seemed to blow only "warm" air today. I remember thinking a few days ago that I had to practically drive in a tshirt to not overheat while in the Focus, but today on the short ride home it never really felt like it was blowing hot. Granted, it is very windy and cold tonight, so it might be something related to that.

Still, given that the car is new to me, I am curious...does the Focus tend to blow really hot air? Mainly just warm? I want to make sure I am not unfairly judging this car based on how hot my last car's heater would get.
My 2012 Focus S with manual a/c and no grille shutters also has this problem. It is noticeable when the outside temp is over 50 F and irritating when the outside temp is over 60 F. There is another thread with the same problem (hot air when heater on cold). Several owners have had their dealer look at the "blend door" which mixes cool and heated air in the heater. The dealers have said that the doors are operating normally. I will be bringing my car in to the dealer as soon as it gets a little warmer outside.