Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Stroker Crank / Kit Co-Op?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #5
DarwinSays
Focus Addict

Fan#: 35941
What I Drive: 2004 SVT Silver / EAP / CWP

Points 1,382, Level 20
Points: 1,382, Level: 20 Points: 1,382, Level: 20 Points: 1,382, Level: 20
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 DarwinSays Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by focusmaniaczx3 View Post
dont do it man. i dont want to rain on your parade but ive been down the same route as you thinking about the stroker. 3700 will get you a complete turbo kit ready to bolt on and run AND a forged bottom end. and you might even have some left over for other goodies. it would be cool as hell but not worth it unless the stroker kit is capable of supporting well over 700whp and you are planning on making the most powerful zetec focus ever. that is the reason those never sold very well.
Actually yeah - I may well be aiming for loads of power in the longer run. It probably won't be 700hp since this is also a DD, but it should turn out to be a rock solid motor in any case. Like any good engine - it starts with good internals rather than bolt-ons.

I'll be pursuing this either way so long as I keep the car, it's merely a matter of when. I'll buy all three kits and sell one of them if I really must, as a last resort (since once the new motor goes in, the old one is getting a rebuild / build up as well), but I would like to see interest in these kits mostly because it lets me get my hands on a kit or two sooner rather than later.

with tax time upon us and track days being not too far around the corner, this is one of those times that people who have money to throw at upgrades like this tend to start buying their parts, so here the co-op offer stands.

I will keep this thread active until the purchase window passes, at which point I'll simply have to make do until this fall or next spring, by which point I can perhaps afford all 3 kits.