Old 02-01-2013, 03:02 AM   #11
Nik00117
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58749
What I Drive: 2011 Fusion SEL, 2010 Road Glide

FF Reputation: 0 Nik00117 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
maybe he wanted the top of the line one.
Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. But here's what I learned.

In the past those types of people I've just answered this price question with a price and a couple of things happens after they got their price

1. They leave
2. You told them the cheapest one but they want a loaded one, are upset when they see the price upgrade
3. You told them the pricest one they want a cheap one, they are upset.

You have to have an idea of what you want in life when shopping and you have to be prepared to answer questions based upon what you want. If you refuse to answer said questions its hard for the sales person to your mind.

Example I am considering purchasing a video card and some more ram for my PC. I know the kind of ram I need, and I know what I want out of my video card. If I walked into a computer store I'd tell them the model of ram I want and ask for price. I would then tell them what kind of video card I want (I want to run BF3 at max settings) what can do this, and what are the options and what are the differences between options.

You see that's shopping.

Not "I need ram and a video card, how much?"

Quote:
Top down selling give the most expensive price and everything else seems reasonable.
True, heard this and when knowledge is given this can work. However some people really have no idea what the price of a car is today. They haven't even gone to ford.com and looked at the pricing there (which is easily available) and if you sticker shock them they can easily walk