suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeky View Post
@suss: I have manual climate control if it makes any difference.

When you say "grille shutters open", how would I know if I had them open? You might raise a good point, as I remember that when I turned my car on to come home, the heater was already set to on. If that is what you mean by shutters, then mine were open for about 6 hours in cold windy/snowy conditions before I took the 15 minute car ride home.
No, that has nothing to do with the shutter system.

You need to check the lower grille as it is easier to see the grille shutter system, you can't set them to open or close as they are located in front of the engine's radiator and are used for both aerodynamic purposes as well as to warm up the engine by blocking air from flowing through the grille of the car.

If you check on www.etis.ford.com and look under vehicle information you would see with Kysor Radiator Shutter.

A 15 minute trip should have been about enough to get it warm to hot if set to max heat with the shutter system on, but at lower settings it may not heat up soon enough, or if the shutters were open in front of the radiator.

In this picture if you look closely at the lower grille you would notice that you can see the a/c condenser, that means the shutters were open, and given that it was a hot day in May last year that makes good sense.