Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Installed Homelink visor in our SE 4 door
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 08:29 PM   #23
roderunner
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 108779
What I Drive: 2013 Ruby Red SE stick

Points 108, Level 2
Points: 108, Level: 2 Points: 108, Level: 2 Points: 108, Level: 2
Level Up 16% Completed
Level up: 16% Level up: 16% Level up: 16%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 roderunner Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Great find Nutty and nice shortcut Fred! Once you have it, it's hard to go back, especially if you use multiple openers. I got mine from Heller Ford in Ill. and followed 4havnfun's protocol on my 2013 SE sedan. I agree, it's a simple mod and works seamlessly.

Getting the screw caps off is a cinch if you have a dental tool (shown here) or a bobby pin or paper clip with a bent tip:

My screws used a T-20 Torx rather than T-15. I couldn't get the fitting to pull through so I looked under the headliner and found it was glued in place just inboard from the drivers door behind the A pillar. After carefully freeing it from the headliner it could be pulled through and disconnected. For those of us not familiar with all the Ford connection locks, just press down here with your handy pick:

Button it up and it's ready to program. Since our '13 manuals don't have the procedure listed, it's probably the same as one of your other cars if it was an option. In this case, hold your remote transmitter next to the new button you wish to use, press them simultaneously and a red light flashes on your homelink. After a few seconds it flashes fast and that means it's programmed. Certain rolling codes may need a different procedure, but that's another matter. Here's a look at the unit (red light is located in the arrow, next to center button):[

Great mod, reasonably priced!

PS Although it isn't an option for 2013, the Homelink appears clearly in the "sunroof" picture in the 2013 catalog. Who knows why it wasn't included as an option -- maybe a supply issue? Perhaps it will be officially back next year.