Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Is this really normal?
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 03:46 PM   #82
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108999
What I Drive: Car

FF Reputation: 1 snow12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
My dealer was able to "fix" the grinding by updating the PCM to the newest revision (I'm assuming it was the 2013 version). It doesn't shift into 6th until 40mph and it still slips uphill and vibrates into 2nd/4th. The issue NOW is that it's harder to get it to make the grinding noise - so all of the dealers say "nothing is wrong".

I feel like it was a band-aid fix for a hardware issue. Like, once the clutch starts "grinding", can it be fixed with ONLY software updates? I don't even know if the grinding was heat/glazing/oil related.
Yeah I would think the grinding does some sort of damage. Maybe it doesnt affect it now but later on who knows,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendarus View Post
Call FORD investor relations or the CEO's office and complain. Most corporations have teams to handle these calls and get you some resolution.
Humm....Not a bad idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
I have a fun idea for warning others about the MK3 transmission and/or to get my dealership's attention to fix my own, but I feel like it's illegal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobie56 View Post
awww.. go ahead.. we won't tell anyone.. :)
Oh dear what are you two planning