Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Who Traded Down?
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 11:05 AM   #96
EggYolkBill

Fan#: 8
What I Drive: '14 Escape Titanium w/401A package

Points 4,556, Level 43
Points: 4,556, Level: 43 Points: 4,556, Level: 43 Points: 4,556, Level: 43
Level Up 3% Completed
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 21 EggYolkBill Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I went from a 2007 F150 Supercab Flareside (long bed) to the my Focus HB. The F150 was the best vehicle I have ever owned. Over 100k on the clock and not a single problem. The V8 has great low end grunt and it drives beautifully on the highway. The price for all of that is terrible gas mileage. I still have the F150 but I will be selling it to a friend in the next month or so.

I don't consider the Focus a downgrade though. I will be 45 this year and I appreciate handling and mileage more than ever. I considered the ST but the seats were just too firm and the ride a little too harsh for me. My Focus sticker price may have been lower than the F150 but I feel the Focus is far more advanced. I just hope it turns out to be as good of a vehicle as the F150 has been.

On another note, I am still trying to decide if I will stick with 17" wheels or go with 18" aftermarket. I think the wheels look good but I need something more unique.