Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 6-Speed PowerShift - 2013 Any Better?
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 09:38 AM   #39
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmprof View Post
Been driving sticks and autos for almost 40 years now. I have the powershift in my 2012 TI and love it. 13,000 miles and it gets better every day. Drive the car, don't let it drive you. It's NOT an automatic, it's an automated manual!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Drew View Post
I only have 3,000 miles on my '12 (Had the car since Oct, I don't drive a lot), but lately it seems to have been on its best behavior. I might even dare say, I'm beginning to like the transmission. I was especially surprised by how well it handled snow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
...Funny how the car's performance on any given day can change one's attitude right? Mine's been behaving lately too...
Quote:
Originally Posted by champorado View Post
...I switched to a Focus mk2.5 (2011) TDCi Powershift (Its a Diesel) and loving all 136 horsies and 235ft-lb power it provides!...
wmprof, Doctor Drew, kam327, & champorado,

It makes my morning better when I see posts like these; thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeky View Post
...I understand that this is an automated manual, not an automatic...but I could really use any tips on how to make my driving experience better. I am literally having trouble falling asleep at night because I am worried...
Welcome to the forum, Zeeky! Youíll see a lot of users here say how much they love their ride. I really like the Focus too (but Iím definitely biased ). A tip for driving is to put the pedal down (safely, of course); it was designed to be driven! One thing to help you sleep at night is the fact that Iím here to lend a hand if needed.

Hereís another video on the PowerShift 6-speed automatic transmission:

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Bonus: This is an article explaining what went into designing the transmission:

http://social.ford.com/our-articles/...c-transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutd33 View Post
...because I knew with the groceries and hockey and snowboarding equipment I'll be putting in there it's a safe bet against moisture. :)
dutd33,

Enjoy the fresh powder and shake that extra snow off before putting your board in.

Cory

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford