Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - One Year Later - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 07:49 AM   #6
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101517
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Part 4

After my last visit to Dana Ford 2 weeks ago, the Regional Customer Service Manager refuses to talk to me. A lower level rep who I spoke to informed me my "case was closed" because the service manager at the dealer informed them no issue was found.

I flipped out.

The low level rep told me "it is because it is a small light car with a short wheelbase". I told her that was BS because my same exact car DID NOT DRIVE THIS WAY BEFORE WITH MY OLD STEERING RACK. She remained silent. I told her thanks for nothing and hung up.

I currently am awaiting paperwork from the BBB, but I am hesitant to even waste any more time with this because supposedly the problem is corrected and Ford is no longer acknowledging it.

I know I am not the only one on this forum having this problem with this car.

Coincidentally we are not the only car experiencing this problem with the ultra sensitive steering and being unable to drive straight.

I test drove a 2013 Kia Optima and it drove beautifully. I went home and did a quick google search, along with surfing the Optima Forum.

To my horror I found out those guys were experiencing the EXACT. SAME. PROBLEM. with the EXACT. SAME. BULLSHIT ANSWERS FROM KIA AND ITS DEALERS.

Hyundai Sonatas also experience the same problem because they share many of the same components.