Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 6-Speed PowerShift - 2013 Any Better?
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 08:35 AM   #38
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

Points 6,565, Level 53
Points: 6,565, Level: 53 Points: 6,565, Level: 53 Points: 6,565, Level: 53
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 12 kam327 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmprof View Post
Most of the problems here are founded in ignorance, by owners and service departments alike.
That itself is such an ignorant statement. Unless you've actually driven the cars of those complaining on here, you have no idea if they're ignorant or have a legitimate problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmprof View Post
If everyone who loves their Focus transmission posted, the ratio would likely be 10,000 to one pro vs con.
Did you know that 62% of statistics are made up on the spot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by champorado View Post
I have seen so many negative feedback (in the US market) about the powershift.

Coming from a mazda protege 1.6L auto (which is named Ford Lynx from where I am), I switched to a Focus mk2.5 (2011) TDCi Powershift (Its a Diesel) and loving all 136 horsies and 235ft-lb power it provides!

There's significant difference in the 'feel' but in the end, you'll get used to it.

I agree to many posts here that its all about knowing how the tranny works and how it behaves from a given throttle input.

Anyway, the 2013 (petrol/gasoline) variant just came out here and havent tried it. I'm hearing good feedback about it (including very good fuel consumption on heavy Manila traffic)
Yes but you will have the wet-clutch DCT with your diesel which is a different animal. You don't know if our dry-clutch DCT drives differently or is more prone to developing problems like shudder, slipping, leaking, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Drew View Post
I only have 3,000 miles on my '12 (Had the car since Oct, I don't drive a lot), but lately it seems to have been on its best behavior. I might even dare say, I'm beginning to like the transmission.
Funny how the car's performance on any given day can change one's attitude right? Mine's been behaving lately too and I find myself significantly less annoyed by it!