Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - One Year Later - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 06:43 AM   #2
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101517
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Part 2

Let me backtrack a bit. For the months leading up to the steering rack replacement, the car drove BEAUTIFULLY at low speeds and especially on the curvy mountain roads of the Poconos in PA which I frequent monthly. It was like driving a RACECAR. After reading through the forums and seeing all the modifications from you dedicated members, by the summer, I had added LLumar tint (50% sides, 35% rear windshield), Ti engine cover, Husky floormats, MS3 RMM, K&N drop in filter, and Steeda rear sway bar. Eventually I would also add the splash guards (props to Twenty for the how-to install).

The car handled even better than before now. But at highway speeds it still had the wandering problem.

A week before I brought my car into Bay Ridge Ford I had spoke to another service manager, Qwesi. I told him about my drooping mirror and he said he would order it so it could be installed when I brought my car in for the steering rack. Welp after the steering rack was replaced Rich informed me "they took pictures of the mirror and were waiting on Ford's approval before ordering a replacement." "i was in disbelief...I understood that they would have had the mirror already when I brought my car in. Nope. So I had to bring the car back at a later date for them to replace that.

Throughout this time I had been in contact with the Ford Rep here on the forums, Thomas. He put me in contact with Brian my Regional Customer Service Manager. Brian extended to me a 3 year, 5,000 mile basic maintenance plan which includes oil change, new wipers, and tire rotation. I was grateful for this.

Eventually Bay Ridge Ford took my car to realign it, which they stressed was a big deal since they had to tow it to another dealership they own so they could use THAT alignment machine.

Like I said in the previous post, the wheel was straight but the car was very twitchy. The slightest bumps in the road would cause the car to shift position. I had to drive with 2 hands on the wheel constantly in order to not leave my lane. It was horrible.