Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 6-Speed PowerShift - 2013 Any Better?
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 02:49 AM   #37
dutd33
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104381
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 dutd33 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy75 View Post
Ok, went to the dealership and drove a PowerShift yesterday. Seems to drive fine and shifts smoothly, but it definitely does drop the revs as soon as it can so that the second you come to any incline it has to change a few gears. I have a feeling that a stick would be a lot more enjoyable with an engine this small.

The Focus rides and handles nicely, but I'm going from a Mazda 6 with a V6 and after driving the Focus I couldn't help but feel that I'm going to be downgrading. There are certain things on the Focus that scream "cheap", like the carpeting, the rear seats, the trunk liner, etc.

That said, the Focus gets much better mileage and will be lots lighter for towing behind my RV.

Cam
I'm not sure if comparing a Ford Focus to a Mazda 6 would be a fair comparison since the Mazda 6 is kind of a flagship car with Mazda and in a entirely different segment (mid-to-full size sedans) so I would presume the trim would be a bit more on the nicer side.

Also, one of the first things I did when I got my hatch was put a cheap trunk liner in there from Walmart (which I trimmed to fit) because I knew with the groceries and hockey and snowboarding equipment I'll be putting in there it's a safe bet against moisture. :)