Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Need help/advice starting career
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 08:10 PM   #1
pholtonracing
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109115
What I Drive: 2012 Infiniti G37S

FF Reputation: 2 pholtonracing Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Need help/advice starting career

Hey guys. I'm 16 and very good with my hands. I have rebuilt multiple small engines, gokarts, and gators. I have always had an affinity for anything with an engine in it, especially GRC and ERC. Now that GRC is introducing the SuperCar Lites class, I see this as my chance to get my foot in the door. I'm looking at buying a 2005-ish Ford Focus and converting it to RWD. (I'll start a build thread when that starts.) I intend to get a SCCA racing license (Do I really need that?) and take go to rally school at Florida International Rally and Motorsports Park over the summer. I then need to start winning races. A lot of them. My dream is to be on the Rockstar Rallycross Team with Tanner Foust and Brian Deegan. All my racing experience is from gokarts and rhinos. Every chance I get I'm either reading about rallyX, watching TV about it, or practicing in my car. I guess you could call it an obsession but I would call it a passion. Any advice, suggestions, connections, questions, comments, concerns etc. etc. are all greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Paul