Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - head temperature sensor oil over it!
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #15
Focuslu86
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109201
What I Drive: 2001,yellow, zx3

FF Reputation: 1 Focuslu86 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus2727 View Post
Then just replace the head temp sender and while your at it replace the valve cover gasket. its $15....

But if your temp is getting up to the red and your fans are not working then you have something going on. So you have verified that the relay does work and have by passed the relay?

No I do not have either of the scanners you have asked about.

Have you tested conductivity? Test from Battery to Relay, relay to fans, relay to control module. If you have the wire diagram then at what point if you apply 12V do the fans no longer turn on? When you hit the gas and your temp goes down do the fans turn on? Perhaps a stuck thermostat is also in your problem? would not be the first time a new thermostat was stuck. did you get Ford OEM or buy some aftermarket part from a chain store?
I replaced the thermostat recently and used and aftermarket part from advanced autoparts...did some research with that water pump and it seemed to be of good quality! I took it to an car electrician, like a week ago...he told me that the fans were working...that he tested the relays, fuses, everything! and supposedly was fine. I checked the temperature level of my car with a scan tool (the fans were supposed to kick in at 225 farenheits), but the fans didnt go on! i even turn the A/C on, and the fans dont work at all...this cooling system garbage is driving me nuts...btw, I have change water pump, thermostat housing and thermostat, radiator top hose since they were leaking coolant....