Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Header Install
Thread: Header Install
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #20
SPRAYPAINT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89747
What I Drive: 2014 Sterling Grey Focus SE Sedan

Points 2,178, Level 28
Points: 2,178, Level: 28 Points: 2,178, Level: 28 Points: 2,178, Level: 28
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 SPRAYPAINT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matmatician View Post
this may sound like a dumb question, but i only know this because the mechanic who installed mine did it wrong...

Is the flex pipe right side up?? Lol. My mechanic was terrible. So bad, that i got a full refund for their labor and they didnt even dispute it. Mine was upside down, and mine was hitting the subframe too.
post a picture of the correct way please! I installed it myself so i will have to give mysel a good stern talking to if i installed it wrong!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusboy58 View Post
2" o2 spacer for sensor 2 and you will have zero issues ($5 on ebay). Also an extension is not required for f2 headers.
you can run the upstream sensor in one of the runners but the computer overfuels and the car runs rich. It is better to run the air fuel sensor in the collector so you can get a reading from all the cylinders. Im impatient so i did not want to wait on shipping from ebay so i made a spacer with the non-foulers. I hope to see you guys at focusfest this year.

January 2012 Ride Of The Month