Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Anyone tried E85 yet?
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 05:06 PM   #75
mikealicious
'Merica

Fan#: 47077
What I Drive: 2002 Black SVT (gone), 2012 SEL

FF Reputation: 8 mikealicious Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
jesus. I can't believe the arguing in this thread.

I'm guessing that the reason the focus community shrivels their nose to e85 so much is because there aren't that many people on here with applications that would benefit from it.

here are the cliff notes regarding e85 for those that are interested:

pros: •e85 is WAYYY cheaper than running race gas, and CONSIDERABLY more gas stations sell e85 than race gas at the pumps.
•e85 produces cooler egt's
•e85 on boosted cars allows you to help reduce risk for knock

cons: •your mpg goes down
•you need bigger injectors to run it
•you'd have to clean/replace your o2 sensors more often
•people on the focus forums, and only the focus forums claim you'll pop your motor if you run it.

One of my best friends has run over 600hp in his srt on ONLY e85 for the past two and a half years with ZERO problems, and 500+hp previous to that for three years, also on e85. Have another friend with a 600hp evo that also runs on e85. Numerous 450-500hp srt's, numerous 400+hp evos, 600hp integra, 650hp supra, all on e85, etc. You can check out my YouTube (listed in sig) for videos of all of these, and you tell me if they all don't know what they're doing with e85.

oh, and if any of you have heard of a shop called FFtech (full function technology), you might also see with their 8 and 9 second evos, as well as MANY other very fast DSM's that run e85, that they're doing well with too.

bottom line is, that if you're looking for a $3.50/gallon version of race gas for your boosted application, e85 is for you.