cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
I had never heard that... but I have also always lived and grown up in the Chicago suburbs or a city and so I only ever use my hi-beams when people are passing or to tell others at a stop sign to go. Maybe a RARE occasion when I drive to the middle of nowhere in Wisconsin and there aren't other cars. Otherwise, there are ALWAYS oncoming cars and I don't use the hi-beams.

Of course, my car doesn't automatically go to low-beams when there is oncoming traffic... that'd be nice.

EDIT: Although, I am horribly uncultured.
nah... not uncultured, lol.. i think it's more tht i live further east than you... i know that statement seems odd but here in ny and n. england and eastern canada, we use a number of english words i don't hear in either my travels or other places i''ve lived in the usa. For example, there are a number of german and dutch words used to describe stools, streams, porches, etc in the ny area that i hear no where else in the u.s. And it's also the reverse elsewhere , i.e. ''bubblers' for water fountains in the northern midwest... sorry to hijack here.....