Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Installing Heated Mirrors
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #93
novus
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 107022
What I Drive: '12 Tuxedo Black Focus SEL

Points 925, Level 16
Points: 925, Level: 16 Points: 925, Level: 16 Points: 925, Level: 16
Level Up 25% Completed
Level up: 25% Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 5 novus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbot45 View Post
Hi All,
Unfortunately I don't have great news for those with IA or Auto-Up windows. There is no setting to change in the BCM to enable the heated mirrors or puddle lamps. The mechanic at the dealership tried every way he could to get them to initialize; but was not successful.
They theorize that flashing the BCM with calibration files from a car with the heated mirrors might work. We would need to find a car built at near the same time as mine and with the same options + the cold weather package. They didn't want to do this as flashing the BCM takes a long time. Also no one knew if flashing with another car's files could screw up my car or its conversations with Ford computers when it's in for other maintenance work.
To even try the flash I would need the help of a friendly mechanic and dealer in the CT area.
The BCM seems unfortunately the heart of the car. It is the central hub to all other modules and screwing it up would be very bad.

If there's anyone on the forums with greater knowledge as to how these things work your help would be greatly appreciated.

--BB45
So you're saying that even though the mirrors are plug and play, they won't heat up due to the fact their not coded into the BCM? Fail :(