Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Apples and Oranges - New Car Feedback Wanted
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 01:06 PM   #21
ZX4STDoug
I don't care

Fan#: 19367
What I Drive: 2014 Mustang V6 6 speed

Points 7,035, Level 55
Points: 7,035, Level: 55 Points: 7,035, Level: 55 Points: 7,035, Level: 55
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 13 ZX4STDoug Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevastator View Post
LOL ^

I respect the mustang v6s, throwing down as much power as the GTs of just a few years ago.

But if it were me, I would always go WRX over Mustang.

Something about hatches, man. Aftermarket is probably about the same for both.

but if your commute was a concern with the ST, these choices might not be any better haha
I've driven many WRXs over the years, and have ridden in a friend's. Definitely not as bad as the ST was on the freeway. I took the Mustang and ST on the same 45 minute drive when I tested them the same day. The Mustang I could live with on the freeway, the ST not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdallas View Post
Since the other car is AWD (big fan here) and a versatile hatchback, the Mustang would be a hard sell if it were me.

I don't know how much longer the life cycle is on the WRX, but the Mustang is getting a major change for 2014, so now would be the worst time to buy one unless you're totally in love with the current one and know you won't like the new one. There's a lot of different mock-ups of what it may look like, but one way or the other, 2014 keeps popping up as the year it happens. The pictures I've seen suggest strong influence from the Camaro and G37, along with the new Ford Aston-Martin-ish grille.

They're great cars, but I think they'll be greater next year, so if you end up getting your heart set on one, I'd soldier on another year with the VW. Again, just an opinion.
We're being told the new ('14) WRX will be "introduced" in November, and the STI variant in January of 2014. That means on the ground in Feb. or March of 2014, most likely. I would gather the new Mustang is going to be a similar time frame and I'm just not willing to drive my car another year or so. I'm tired, I'm kind of over it. Maybe that isn't the rational thing to do, but I don't see myself keeping it much longer than late spring/early summer.