Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Apples and Oranges - New Car Feedback Wanted
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 12:56 PM   #20
ZX4STDoug
I don't care

Fan#: 19367
What I Drive: 2014 Mustang V6 6 speed

FF Reputation: 13 ZX4STDoug Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
Well I'm not a fan of the wheels that come with it, and it still doesn't sit as low as I'd like. If you get a base model, you already have your snow wheels, just need tires. Then buy whatever summer set you like, and lower it.

$2k for performance package
$1k for a full snow setup?

$500 for snow tires. and leaves you $1500 towards a summer setup of your choice, and lowering it. That's not counting that you could get a couple hundred at least for the stock all seasons that are brand new.
While not a huge fan of the wheel appearance itself, it's far more than a tire/wheel package. Revised stability control programming with the ability to turn it completely off, uprated f/r stabilizer bars, uprated front spring rates, 3.31 lsd (vs 2.73 lsd), upgraded calipers and pads f/r, strut tower brace, and with the Premium an engine cover.

Granted, it may need a drop but that is fairly easily addressed and 17" take offs seem to be plentiful as a winter solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04ZTSJelf View Post
I would go with the WRX, but thats my taste. I dig hatches. I just think it would be easier to live with, cheaper on insurance, and attract less police attention.
Certainly more practical, and I think I may miss that, though I've had sedans before. I have ran insurance quotes on several vehicles - the Mustang was actually less costly than a WRX. I'd get white on either, so hopefully not too much of a police magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebstubstad View Post
v6 mustangs are almost as bad as the mustang II in my opinion
Really??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
Yeah so not cool that they can run 12s with just bolt ons, and still get pretty much 30 on a highway trip...

There's the door -----> GTFO.
This.