Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 12 Focus Depreciation That Bad? Really? <DATA ANALYSIS INCLUDED>
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 10:34 AM   #33
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

Points 5,932, Level 49
Points: 5,932, Level: 49 Points: 5,932, Level: 49 Points: 5,932, Level: 49
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobie56 View Post
that'd be good.. i'd be interested in ur findings for the east and west coasts. As for cleveland being in the midwest... i guess it's all perspective....i guess it's really included geographically in the east but for us new englanders, once one gets past rochester, ny the accent changes and is more of a midwest accent so many view even western ny state as sort of midwestern... odd, eh?
OK here are the New York (100-mi radius) graphs. Nothing earth-shattering, although they do have a lot more used cars on the market. "Depreciation" is a little higher across the board.

One question I do have which might be answered by the further analysis Jdog913 was referring to. What affect do leases have on the analysis? My impression is that the Cruze and maybe Corolla are leased much more often than the rest. I just remember those $169 mo / $1699 down lease deals on the Cruze a year or so ago. I don't know how the "purchase price" gets reported to the likes of truecar.com with lease deals.

I just don't have access to the data necessary to be able to analyze that.