Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Apples and Oranges - New Car Feedback Wanted
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 10:28 AM   #1
ZX4STDoug
I don't care

Fan#: 19367
What I Drive: 2014 Mustang V6 6 speed

FF Reputation: 13 ZX4STDoug Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Apples and Oranges - New Car Feedback Wanted

I donít get on here too much anymore as I havenít owned the Focus in over 5 years now, but I still browse a bit. Iím looking to get opinions/feedback from others on a couple of new cars Iím eyeing as my next purchase. I love my GTI, and itís been a blast to drive. Other than some known issues which were addressed early on, itís been pretty reliable. However itís at 80K miles now and although itís my 5th VW/Audi product, I think Iím ready for a change.

The two ďnewĒ cars Iím looking at are a 2013 WRX 5 door or a 2014 Mustang V6 Premium coupe with a manual trans. and the V6 Performance Package.

I sell Subarus for a living, and can order exactly what I want for a very fair price. I also get X Plan and would order the Mustang equipped the way I want it.

Using current incentives on the Mustang, it would run about around 1300.00 more than the WRX. Iíd gain factory heated seats (vs aftermarket in the WRX), leather, dual power seats, heated mirrors, Sirius (already have), and a much higher quality audio system. Of course rebates could increase on the Mustang by spring time, and that would lower that spread. There are no incentives on the WRX and wonít be, so that pricing wonít change.

I love the practicality of a hatch, and would certainly miss that with the Mustang, though it would probably cut down on my Costco and Loweís trips

Both are pretty mod-friendly and thereís decent aftermarket support for both. Iím less concerned with the whole AWD vs. RWD being here in Michigan, because Iíd run dedicated winter tires/wheels on either of them.

Both obviously have their pros and cons, and like any purchase, some things may be more important to me than to someone else. Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks.