Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Trade Focus for Escape?
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 11:08 AM   #10
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,946, Level 33
Points: 2,946, Level: 33 Points: 2,946, Level: 33 Points: 2,946, Level: 33
Level Up 31% Completed
Level up: 31% Level up: 31% Level up: 31%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Henchman View Post
I have an 05 escape. and I would not trade it for the world. 130k on the clock and she still runs like a champ. only issue i have had is the alternator. which is in the worst possible location ever. behind and above the half shafts below the exhaust. you have to take the half shafts out to replace the alt. Oil leaks at the valve covers are common on all years of escapes. easy repair to do. i will be fixing mine in a couple of weeks. other than that, it has been the best vehicle for snow and ice. and my wife and i can tow our fishing boat with it.
My 2002 Escape has 170k on it. Transmission was replaced under warranty fairly early and I replaced the power steering pump.

Most recently I've had to replace the valve cover gasket, pretty much the entire front suspension, and a few other things. But now the cats are bad/clogged... of course they're built into the manifolds and cost $300+ a piece just for the parts. I'm debating if it's even worth my time - which would suck if it's not considering how much money I've just put into the thing replacing every component in the front suspension.