Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - MK3 in snow
Thread: MK3 in snow
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 10:30 AM   #13
BiffTannen
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100152
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray SE, Sport Pkg

FF Reputation: 1 BiffTannen Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
This is my first winter with my '12 SE. So far this year, we've had 3 snowy days, today being the 3rd.

My biggest issue with driving in the snow is my driveway. I've had a 4x4 Tacoma for the past 10+ years so I never really knew how bad it was (unless I was helping my wife get out of the drive way). The drive has a bad combination of incline & a wind alley that causes really bad drifts. Even with having a 4x4 I was always out there working on the driveway to make sure it's clean.

In any case during the first 2 snow days of the year I had issues getting out of the driveway. I hated the feeling & after reading a bit here on FF I've come to realize the Conti tires aren't very good.

This brings us to today. Today I tried something different & I had much better luck getting up the hill. I put the car into Sport Mode and left it in gear #1. Also, the Traction Control was on. I didn't seem to have any issues today, even with a really slick & icy drive.

Hopefully the experiences will improve with snow tires. I've hated the idea in the past & have always thought All Season would be fine, however I might end up making the purchase.