Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Finally Working!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 09:55 PM   #7
beatmaniac1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90996
What I Drive: 2003 red svtf

FF Reputation: 2 beatmaniac1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Damn the threads are moving so fast down the first page that I've lost sight of this one Yeah i'm looking to get a new tranny/clutch/engine . Only thing is that they come from a zx3 so 5 speed tranny and zetec motor ( but I only plan to use the stock bottom end and probably ) .Since my getrag aas a lot of mileage and used one are quite expensive/rare/pretty used , I'd prefer to swap a mtx-75. Same thing for the engine: I've found only one in the arear but the guy was asking 1200$ for a high-mileage engine, which isnt a deal if I needed to rebuild it. So going with a low-mileage ztec bottom end with arp conrods and maybe eagle rods , I'd have a reliable bottom-end. The best thing is that a found a guy taht would sell me the engine/tranny/clutch/shifter base for only 300 $, shipped at my door.

I also suspect I have a timing problem since the car doesnt make any powewr under 4k rpm and even above it barely as the same power as a normal zetec ( my old zetec with crower stg1's felt twicw as powerful ) and when I accelerate I hear like a sputtering, not a misfire but more like a rumbling tone. I sounds like when I did my timing belt on the zx3 and I had one adj cam gear that slipped and timing was of by 12 degrees. I'm also waiting for my leak-down tester so I can pin-point what's causing my bad compression. I've swapped spark plugs when I bought the car also and I've replaced the thermostat housing but it is still leaking because of the plug under it.

Sometimes I regret a traded the zx3 for my svt but damn I love that car. It was really mistreated by the last owner and if I havent bought it, it would probably be at the salvage yard right now, so I'm proud that I kinda saved an SVT These cars are real hard to get by in Qc..