Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - How successful is using Dynamat?
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 08:40 PM   #43
Njk570
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 109191
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Njk570 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02Zetechse View Post
The majority of road noise will come from the floor, fender wells, and cargo area... I noticed a 2db reduction from deadening my floor . the only places IMO that foam belongs, is places where structural bracing and sheet metal can hit against each other.

As for this, how many layers of the "cheap stuff" is needed to make the same difference one layer of higher end product ? the cost of Peel and seal times the amount of layers needed almost equals the price of the good stuff. Deadener does not stop rattles 100% , hence why expanding foam or additional bracing is needed in certain areas.
Also note though, most people misunderstand what Dynamat, Second Skin, Peel and Seal, etc is really for. All that stuff really does is add weight to panels and what not, to prevent them from vibrating more. More weight= less vibration. Yes, it will help with road noise slightly, but its not the best route to take if you wish to kill outside noises. Second Skin makes something thats called Luxury Liner, which is a layer of foam almost that you roll out in the car. I would recommend apply that to your floors and whatnot if you want to really "deaden" the car.