Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 12 Focus Depreciation That Bad? Really? <DATA ANALYSIS INCLUDED>
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 07:11 PM   #21
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

Points 6,046, Level 50
Points: 6,046, Level: 50 Points: 6,046, Level: 50 Points: 6,046, Level: 50
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks to those who gave positive feedback. Glad you enjoyed some colorful graphs on a Tuesday morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyike View Post
It does indeed, but resale value is affected by so many variables that doing any planning on it seems fairly futile.
Again the question, who's doing that (planning)? I was merely responding to those who seem to fear the day when they may be "forced" to trade in their car and the unusually low resale value the Focus commands. As this small subset of data suggests, they may take a bath but it's no more of a bath than they'd take with a competitor's car. Maybe for some this will assuage their fear somewhat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Ford Blue View Post
There is a reason the cruze sales are high in the Cleveland area, there are built in lordstown Ohio about an hour away.
I wondered about that connection too. But why would the region the factory is in have an unusual amount of used stock? The factory's not dumping used Cruzes on the local market. A few hundred plant workers may have bought them but in a region of several hundred thousand that would be a blip on the radar. I'm not seeing the connection...