Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Outside Temperature Incorrect - 2012 Focus
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 07:22 PM   #3
kemoe
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109270
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 kemoe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
Wow. Tough stance.
Throw away $5K or more trade in loss because you are too cheap to buy some aftermarket temp gauge?
I also note my temp gauge is higher than the real temp outside.
Usually I can tell if it is below freezing. Something I picked up walking outside once in a Blue Moon I guess.
My car is parked in a heated garage, so the temp drops from 78F/68F (year round) down/up to whatever the temp is outside in a minute of so. It stays higher than the real Winter temp by about 8 degrees I guess. Summer it seems to be right on actually.
I might try to change it to Celcius temp range and see if that is correct.

I tried changing it too Celcius but there doesn't seem to be a way to do it. Probably something the dealer can do via their scantool? (I have the base model)

Sorry for sounding sour but this issue looks to me like a software problem which should be an easy fix. I see all sorts of Ford Focus owners with the same problem but Ford seems to be ignoring them. Our F150 hasn't ever had an bug or did our two previous Ford Mustangs. I wonder if Ford did this work themselves or outsourced it?

I will let you know what I find out.