View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 12:22 PM   #8
clayton89
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108214
What I Drive: 2006 Sonic Blue ZXW

FF Reputation: 1 clayton89 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So just took out the instrument cluster and started to test the replacement to see if everything works and what the exact mileage is. So far I don't think I'm going to have any of the issues that many have had when replacing clusters.

My car has abs (I just found this out Sunday as we had an ice storm and it kicked in once) but my car does not have traction control (that I know of) and I do not have a problem with any lights staying on, or any light not coming on so I think I got pretty lucky.

I did happen to lose a screw when I was trying to reinstall the original gauges, it flew out of my hand and behind the radio. So I take the storage compartment out and remove the radio to peek in there. I ended up finding the screw, but as I was installing my radio I slipped and lost that one for the radio. So I ended up looking around for it but could never find it, so I had to just install the radio with three screws instead of four I guess when I go to install my Auxiliary cord later I'll have to make sure I go to parts store and find something similar to put in there.