Son and new wife are on their honeymoon so I'm doing a few things while he's away.
I've decided to move the position of the crank trigger from it's normal location on the rear of the engine block. Usually it picks up the 36-1 trigger signal for the EDIS from holes or pegs on the rear face of the flywheel, but we will be using a 2.3 Mustang flywheel instead of a Focus flywheel. The pressure plate heights and clutch disc matches better to our bell housing and transmission.
we'll move the ignition pickup to the front of the engine by using a 36-1 trigger wheel on the front balancer. I got the Thunderbird turbocoupe bellhousing cleaned up and have to weld on some material in order to add a couple of mounting holes. We're not using a 4 cyl T5 so I need to turn the input shaft down to .590" to fit the Focus pilot bearing.
I made a mockup of a bracket for the serpentine idler wheel. I have to get a new water pump and finish the alternator bracket in order to check the dimensions. Once I do that, I'll carve the bracket from some aluminum stock. We'll tension the belt at the alternator by turning some rod ends or clevises.
I was going to look for a Contour oil pan and pickup but I think we'll wait until we see how much clearance we have.
That's kind of it for now. When my partner gets back, I'll let him update photos.