Now534
Focus Addict

Fan#: 76549
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 6 Now534 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5characters View Post
How many people use the car wash station instead of home wash? For every one who uses the car wash, what is your technique? I donít have a water outlet, where I am at so I rely on the car wash to spray off the Focus, but it never seems to come quite clean. I have taken my own bucket, cleaning chemicals, micro-clothes ect ectÖand that seems to be the best solution. But if you only have a few minutes and a couple quarters what is your sequence to get the best clean?

I have been up for 29 hours so if I am rambling I apologize.
At my carwash I start on engine/tire cleaner on the wheels (engine too if I clean it). Switch to soap and let the tire cleaner clean out. Spray the roof down towards the bottom of the car. Spray the tops of wheel liners down both sides of it. Clean the top of the tire then down to the wheel. Go all the way around the car working from top to bottom. Rinse from top to bottom. Wax if you use it top to bottom then spot free rinse top to bottom going slow. This way always works best for me. If you go late at night you can also do the wheels soap and rinse method with spot free and then clay bar then deposit more money and final rinse the hand wax. (I've done this at 3am before when no one was there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using FF Mobile