Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - New appreciation for my Focus
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 02:50 AM   #5
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE

Fan#: 69510
What I Drive: 97 Impreza coupe, 04 Mazda6

Points 30,848, Level 100
Points: 30,848, Level: 100 Points: 30,848, Level: 100 Points: 30,848, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
FF Reputation: 13 TheGlassMaker Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman355 View Post
hows this for focus appreciation? 50 mile highway trip traveling 55-65 mph, including stopping on the shoulder then shooting back on the freeway equaled this:

Truth be told I was driving behind a Dodge Ram diesel towing a 20 ton trailer (the entire time). FYI, the Ram averaged 7 mpg during that trip while I averaged 47 in it's draft. Also, I did average 36 mpg on a (1000 mile) highway trip under normal higher speed driving conditions, with the AC on (non-drafting), which is still pretty good though.
Me and my wife was in a ride along in a hot air balloon chase truck. The chase truck was a 2010 2wd cummins dually with a 6 speed. He averaged 27 mpg the entire trip with lots of stop, go, and turn arounds and lots of sitting at idle. He was pulling a trailer with all the equipment for the balloon. We was actually talking about the mileage because his partner in the truck was talking about how bad his duramax is on fuel.