novus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107022
What I Drive: '12 Tuxedo Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 novus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlightrich View Post
Hello all, just an update. I did buy and install the left one as well. Just to go over what I have, so you can draw your own conclusions. I have a 13 SE, with the 201A package ( I think) anyway, my car had turn signals in the mirrors and power mirrors. NO puddle light. I have regular remote key/fob NO I/A. I have power windows on all doors, but only one touch on drivers door.

I bought heated, power, turn signal mirrors from my local Ford dealer. They come WITHOUT the painted surface. If you tilt the mirror glass, you will find the release tabs on top. I think it is best to wait until you have the new mirror so you can see it without the painted cap as that view will show exactly where the tabs for release are. The painted cap from the original mirror just clips onto the new one.

Anyway, I simply removed the originals and installed the new ones, hit the rear defroster and they work. They actually heat up fairly quickly.

When I took the right mirror off originally to inspect, I noticed that Ford is using very tiny wiring pins in the plugs. This is what prevented me from simply swapping out the glass for heated glass.

I compared my original to the new heated mirror, and the only differnce I can see was the heated glass, and 2 wires that run from the back of the mirror glass to the plug in the base of the mirror assembly.
If anyone can find these "micro" pins, then it is absolutely possible to save some money and buy the glass as opposed to the whole assembly as I did.

My next project is to install heated seats using the factory parts. They sell everything seperately. The wiring is already in place, so I will sort this out soon. Then I will have the winter package I wanted but could not find.

I hope this writing helped someone.

Be well

Rich
Sounds just like it was on my Dodge Dakota. It was just the glass that was needed to be swapped as the harness was already there. As for the seats, this is something that I have been looking into as well. I was able to find a part number for the heated seat switch, but I misplaced it

Since winter is going to be coming to an end soon. This is something that is not a priority right now, but will be something I'd like to have this upcoming fall/winter.