Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - People Blocked a Highway to do donuts!
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 07:36 PM   #45
Svizzara
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98554
What I Drive: '01 SPI Sedan

Points 393, Level 7
Points: 393, Level: 7 Points: 393, Level: 7 Points: 393, Level: 7
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Svizzara Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I'm going to take the wise advice from Nevin W and swansong, and stop posting in this thread. Nobody's getting anywhere. The following is all just for the record, so I don't get banned due to misinterpretation of my comments.

You asked for me to clarify what I think is a stereotype, so I did. I emphasized that it doesn't apply to all owners:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEnvy View Post
And what stereotype would that be? Please explain to the many members here that also own muscle cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svizzara View Post
There's a sentiment that they're crude cars bought by simpletons who do stupid things with them. It doesn't hold true for all muscle car owners, but it does for the owners in this video. Unfortunately, they make all American muscle enthusiasts look bad when they do things like this, despite their low numbers relative to the number of more responsible owners.
However, you were offended, so I apologized.
Quote:
I don't comment with the intent of offending people, but it looks like I did just that to you - so I apologize.
You were still upset, so I tried to clarify my position further:
Quote:
I guess I'll boil it down to some jot notes just for you, because you don't seem to get it:
And finally, you replied with a personal attack on my car, which has little - if anything - to do with this conflict:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEnvy View Post
nah, you don't seem to get you're trying to be a troll, I don't play troll games.
Especially from one that drives an old lx spi with hubcaps and brags about lowering it and fixing $4k in damage on the drivers side with krylon
By the way, it's an SE. I was excited about finally having it lowered, so I posted 2 photos in my own Showroom thread - which is long dead anyway - and occasionally, I'll post up a photo of it when people ask for reference images of how much of a drop Sportlines will get you. And I can comfortably say that I've never bragged about the terrible rattle can job (it's Duplicolor, BTW) - I needed to cover up bare metal so my dear little car wouldn't rust away. I couldn't afford to repair it fully, wasn't comfortable going to a junkyard to pull panels myself, and didn't think it was worth it to get dented panels professionally painted.

To any moderators reading this, and to the OP LouBomb: I apologize for cluttering this thread with this stupid back-and-forth conflict. I suppose I should've just not replied to GreenEnvy at all to avoid it, but tempers flared, clearly... I tried to handle it as best as I could. I can assure you I'm finished with this thread.