Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - IAC Problems. surpercharged. help!
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #6
Michael_Price1990
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101650
What I Drive: 2003 Yellow SVTFocus. Infiniti FX35

FF Reputation: 1 Michael_Price1990 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Well you guys were on the right track. luckily i asked or i would have removed the whole supercharger and IAC for no reason. i looked over the vacuum lines with the car off and i made sure there were no breaks or loose connections. and then i started it a few times for a bit and felt for leaks. i was about to give up when the lines finally warmed up a bit and would collapse and suck themselves closed at idle. went to auto zone and got some stronger lines for the vacuum lines and it seems to be idling at 800-1000 again like it should!

i replaced most the vacuum lines with the install of the supercharger but the instructions said to use several of the original lines so i did. should have known better. it was the bigger line going from what use to be the side of the air box down to the bottom driver side of the engine. the supercharger added some distance causing a kink in the line.

Thanks guys, if you wouldn't have told me vacuum problems i would have wasted a whole day off at my dads place on my back.

2003 SVT Focus
205+ HP
JRSC