Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - High Idle Saga Continues...
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #16
rycodge
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108520
What I Drive: 2003 Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 rycodge Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I've solved half of my problem. It turns out that the power steering pressure switch pigtail was simply not hooked up to the wiring harness (it's wires were just stuffed into the plastic wiring sheathing, not soldered to the correct wiring).

Here's the thing though - My idle is still relatively high. Fully warmed up the car will idle around 1400-1500 rpm while driving down the road with the clutch depressed. This is much better than 2200 rpm which the car was experiencing before. The PS pressure switch is indeed working, but it gives a "mega boost" up to like 2100 when turning.

I'm almost positive the ECU thinks the A/C compressor is engaged and raising the idle. Problem is the car (and wiring harness) was damaged previously and I'm missing the pigtail for the A/C compressor. I've tried removing the A/C fuse and relay, but that has not helped at all.

Here's my question - Which wiring harness does the A/C compressor plug come off of? I've noticed there is a spare clipped wire in the harness with the O2 sensors and the power steering pump switch. I do not have spare wiring in the "main" harness that contains the headlights, turn signals, etc.