Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Hello everyone! Radiator fan issue
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 01:34 PM   #15
Focuslu86
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109201
What I Drive: 2001,yellow, zx3

FF Reputation: 1 Focuslu86 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lscman View Post
Based upon the symptoms you described, you have not yet destroyed the coolant system or engine so they don't need checked. You just need to get the fan circuit immediately repaired.

I'm an Electrical Engineer with plenty of troubleshooting experience, but I can't help much. This is because I can't work blind. I don't have a Focus 2001 wiring diagrams and Service Manual. Even if I did, I would still need to know precisely what car options you have to determine which wiring diagam applies. The other issue I have is engine control computer or ECU basically control the fan relays. This stuff is not covered by wiring diagrams. It takes some investigation, some sections in the service manual would describe that. This is why both pieces of factory literature are needed. What can be done with the wiring diagram alone is the relays, wiring, resistor pack (if equipped) and each fan can traced and tested for possible open ckt or grounding. In some cases, dual fan relays can actually be swapped to see if the problem moves but that only works on some cars with specific options.

If I were you, I'd be taking it to a dealer for this trouble while buying literature to have handy for future issues.

Well, I am taking my car to the shop on friday, but not to the dealership since they are going to charge me an overpriced amount to fix that...I have already bought a wiring diagram for my ford focus 2 days ago, so it should be on its way! can any repair shop can diagnose what's the problem? or it has to be a specific ford dealership to fix that?