Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Hello everyone! Radiator fan issue
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 01:11 PM   #10
Lscman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95211
What I Drive: 2007 ZX3

Points 1,192, Level 18
Points: 1,192, Level: 18 Points: 1,192, Level: 18 Points: 1,192, Level: 18
Level Up 92% Completed
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 9 Lscman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focuslu86 View Post
when i turn on the ac to test the motor fans, both have to work? or just one? this overheating problem is really annoying, and making me get a bat and start beating this piece of S..t! lol....
You need a Ford Helms factory service manual for your year of car, wiring diagram and multimeter. The fan wiring schemes changed year-to-year plus each year had multiple fan wiring schemes depending upon options and motor. Some years have separate L/R fan circuits and others were ganged some with or without resistors in the shroud assy, so information about fan operating behaviors provided by someone with different options or different year car may not be reliable. For example, the 2004 cars used at least 3 different fan schemes. Proper literature will set you back $35 on ebay and multimeter will cost $4 thru harbor freight.

The problem I see here is you have a very urgent trouble that beasically needs immediate attention. You are trying to learn how to troubleshoot wiring and you don't even have wiring diagrams or factory service manual. Even if you bid on ebay to buy the proper literature you won't have it for weeks. The engine may fail before then and that's unfortunate. I'd be taking it to a dealer tomorrow.