Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Stroker Crank / Kit Co-Op?
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #1
DarwinSays
Focus Addict

Fan#: 35941
What I Drive: 2004 SVT Silver / EAP / CWP

Points 1,382, Level 20
Points: 1,382, Level: 20 Points: 1,382, Level: 20 Points: 1,382, Level: 20
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 DarwinSays Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Stroker Crank / Kit Co-Op?

Hey folks,

I was talking with Tom a month or two ago about the stroker kits he used to offer on his motors and had come to learn that the manufacturer wants to sell them in sets of 3, putting a wrench in the works for my plans to build a stroked 2.3L Zetec.

As a result, I decided to post this and see if there was anyone else with a genuine and *serious* interest in a possible co-op purchase for these kits, which if memory serves cost around $3,700 each. If Tom sees this post, maybe he would be willing to reply with more details for us since I didn't actually think to get the name of the manufacturer / distributor at the time.

Purchase window is tentatively some time around May of this spring.
If there isn't enough interest in this by that time, then I may attempt another co-op later this year or next spring. I'd really rather not have to drop over 10k on kits then attempt to offload what I don't use, but I will if that's what's necessary.

Alternately, if anyone knows of any distributors that sell single kits, that would be very useful information as well, removing the need for a co-op altogether.

Last edited by DarwinSays; 04-03-2013 at 10:06 PM.