Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - People Blocked a Highway to do donuts!
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 11:34 AM   #28
Svizzara
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98554
What I Drive: '01 SPI Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Svizzara Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEnvy View Post
And what stereotype would that be? Please explain to the many members here that also own muscle cars.
You also know nothing about the h1 obviously.
There's a sentiment that they're crude cars bought by simpletons who do stupid things with them. It doesn't hold true for all muscle car owners, but it does for the owners in this video. Unfortunately, they make all American muscle enthusiasts - in fact, car enthusiasts in general, especially seeing as there's an S13 in there - look bad when they do things like this, despite their low numbers relative to the number of more responsible owners.

As for the Hummer H1 - I definitely don't know everything about it, but I do know that it's big, heavy, and stable. I think a 7000 pound SUV with high ground clearance will certainly be the better-off vehicle when colliding with a low-slung sports car weighing half as much. And before you call me a hypocrite for implying that I'd ram them if I had an H1 - it was a joke. I wouldn't, unless I was having a REALLY bad day. Bodywork's not cheap...

I don't comment with the intent of offending people, but it looks like I did just that to you - so I apologize. Hopefully this post clarifies my position. I like muscle cars (especially Terminator Cobras) - all kinds of cars, actually - but not those owners who do dangerous and irresponsible things with them. Just the same as I don't like irresponsible owners of Japanese cars or European cars or any other type of vehicle.