Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - question about exhaust
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 10:01 AM   #5
zTimbo
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97910
What I Drive: 2002 Green ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 zTimbo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I went with the OBX, for the price I was pleased and it served the purpose I wanted it for(to be able to remove the catalytic converter). It's a decent piece, nice thick 3/8" flanges, all TIG welded.

Mine came with 2 provisions for o2 sensors and a provision for the EGR, but it was threaded wrong. This wasn't a problem for me but could be for some who don't posses the skills or equipment.

I unscrewed my OEM EGR tube adapter from the OEM catalytic converter and cut the threads off. This is to allow for the adapter to at the right height as if it was screwed into the OEM converter.

Then I welded it onto the end of the bung that had the wrong threads that OBX supplied.

I welded 2 6mm nuts onto the header tubes so I could reinstall my OEM heat shield. I had to trim it up a good bit for it to work which I was ok with because I was mainly concerned with how close everything is and wanted the most protection. I also wrapped the entire header with exhaust wrap.

The OEM dipstick had to be unbolted from its bracket an zip tied(for now until I find a solution) away from the header tube. I also tweaked the brackets for the power steering line to provide a little more space between it and the header as I read some people had problems with it getting hot and failing.

Hope this helps