Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - MAF Setup Options?
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 08:26 AM   #10
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 50,474, Level 100
Points: 50,474, Level: 100 Points: 50,474, Level: 100 Points: 50,474, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 24%
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%
FF Reputation: 154 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Turtle View Post
ever used a pro-m maf on a duratec tom? ashley has one on his duratec. making 300whp now with no mafia. i was with him at henson performance last time it was tuned and i was very impressed with it. he switched from a 15g to a 28rs and it was able to maintain proper a/f before the tune was even adjusted no matter what the boost was set at.

Tim
Yes I used pro-m MAF for years , I even sold pro-m there first 3 inch MAF tubes , they sell 2 types Tim what one are you talking about the adjusted MAF for the injectors your running or the 3 inch MAF tube and the stock MAF electronics installed

The recalibrated MAF adjusted to the injector size is the same things basically as using the diablosport MAFia the hugh difference is if the recalibrated MAF goes out and you have to change it (it happened a lot with me) you cannot get an ecact calibration back and have to return your full fuel curve as where if you use the stock MAF electronics in the 3 inch MAF tube the stock MAF is spot on if you have to replace it

jgrove at 218HP and 8psi I would say with a 3 inch MAF tube your right at the 5 volt limit of the MAF just before running out of MAF

In the end what I look for is whats going to give the best driveability and over all performance , WOT is easy anyone can tune that and most any MAF or combination will work ,

When your finished tuning you want the MAF voltage / counts to be in the 4.5 to 4.8 voltage range this helps to have the idle voltage / counts as well as cruise to be where they can give you the the best area for the best driveability

What I WILL NOT DO like some tuners do is let the MAF settings hit 5 volts and then go to the failed MAF tables to do your fueling for WOT , this in my opinion is not proper tuning but its done all the time

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus