crice8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84830
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller88 View Post
Do you have an auto or a manual? I imagine the auto really takes away from the speed.

Since you have an SES, do you have the 17'' wheels? It's my understanding that the 17's are heavier and the tire is taller. The SES already has shorter gearing, try to throw on a lighter and shorter set of OEM 15s ... that should get you a bit.

Try to keep it on the track or the strip; street racing doesn't end well.
I dont have an ses. and I have an auto but that is where a tune does wonders. It can make an auto shift just as fast as a manual. If you have your tune set for higher transmission pressure then it makes the shifts much firmer and cleaner. Even with new tires mine will spin the tires a bit when it shifts(=

But for sure do as stated here and get some lighter wheels. the stock ses 17" eaps weigh in at 21.2lbs. I once read a figure in a paper that stated every 1 pound of weight under the suspension is equivalent to removing 10lbs above the suspension or in your car. So all of the people who strip their interiors but then have heavy chrome or 18" wheels on their hondas are idiots lol. Once again as stated please only race on the track and not on the streets. I noticed a hugggeeee difference when I went to my 16" rota slipstreams which weigh 13lbs each even from my 15"oem se wheels!
Galatians 6:14