Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Ford Focus: 1 year, 6,000 miles, 6,000 electrical problems later :)
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 12:14 AM   #19
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 10 Kabigon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aljm1373 View Post
I just bought my 2012 focus in november and with little over 6000 miles one day I went to go to work and it wouldn't go in reverse so I put it in drive and it would only go 10mph had the road side service take it to a dealer and when it got there they told me nothing was wrong with it, said I must have put it in manual mode, now I didn't think I was stupid but don't you have to shift it down to the s to drive it in standard mode( which I did not do). So they basically said I don't know how to drive. so I picked my car up the next day and 2 days later I went to go to start it and the engine light is on I call the service department and says "o its ok to drive we can look at it tomorrow". I will be a week tomorrow and they haven't told me what is exactly wrong with it. A friend was telling me tonight that I should contact ford and tell them I want my money back or a different car. and seriously I don't think I want another one of these cars if the transmission is going to go with only 6000 miles on it. He said he had a chevy that the transmission went at 14000 miles and he contacted someone and he got his money back and bought a dodge. any advice on what I should do????
It sounds like your problems are electrical rather than mechanical so I wouldn't worry so much about the transmission itself.

I believe your satisfaction with the car will be based on the quality of the dealer service dept.
Unfortunately, someone at your dealer doesn't seem to understand that the transmission will upshift and downshift by itself even when in manual mode.

Hopefully the dealer tech can find and correct what may be a simple problem.